Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu for the Week of May 4


Well, since I am now a "stay-at-home" MOM! :) I have a little more time to cook and come up with recipes. One thing I am going to try and start doing is posting a "Menu for the Week" to help me come up with ideas for meals (particularly for supper). My friend Kim does this on her blog and I always enjoy reading what she is going to be making/eating every week.

So, for this week I am keeping things simple. Plus, I just started Weight Watchers again (on my own this time using all of my WW books) and have to cut back on the fast food and sweets. Trust me, this is VERY hard to do - especially since I ate whatever I wanted while I was pregnant. The Lord will give me strength..... :)

Here is my menu for this week:

Monday

Meatloaf - very easy recipe - look for post soon
Green Beans - from my Dad's garden - yum!
Biscuits

Tuesday
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie (you can use a refrigerated or frozen pie crust, or biscuits on top)
Leftover veggies

Wednesday (Church Fellowship Meal - only have to bring a side dish!)
Roast - main dish
Broccoli Cheese Casserole (my contribution) - will post recipe for this soon

Thursday (our sweet friends Zach and Missy are bringing us supper on this day! No cooking for me - Woohoo!!)
Maple Apple Chicken - I'll have to get this recipe from Missy and post it for you
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Rolls
Cake or Cupcakes (hey, it's okay to splurge a little on WW...just don't overdo it) :)

Friday
Spaghetti...or maybe leftovers

Saturday
Supper will probably be on the road - we are going to a friend's wedding in Ohio

Sunday - Mother's Day (my first one!!)
My mom will be here, so we will probably take her out for a nice lunch after church, then just a light supper (maybe a homemade quesadilla)

Hopefully this menu will work out. I'll let you know!! :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great to hear from you again on the blog! I was thinking about you today. I hope you and Isaiah (and Jason!) are doing well!

Unknown said...

it was so great to see you guys today! isaiah is SO cute and thanks so much for your tips on the stroller and crib!

ps...i'd love to see the apple chicken recipe!