Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Blog Look! ... and Dip recipe

I realize that I haven't been a very dedicated blogger lately, so I have decided to give my blog a face-lift. It doesn't look much different than before, just a new photo, some new colors, and eventually some new gadgets.

I am also going to try my best and be a better blogger. I plan to devote some time each day (or at least every couple of days) to blogging. And, since this is a food blog, I plan to post some new recipes, restaurant reviews, and even have a few giveaways.

To start things off, here is a recipe I made recently for a friend's baby shower. It's a great dip for parties, showers, and other get-togethers.

Sausage-Queso Dip

1 lb. pork sausage, cooked and drained (mild or hot, depending on your heat level)
1 block Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes (Kraft also makes a Velveeta Pepper Jack and a Velveeta Mexican Mild variety)
1/2 lb. hamburger, cooked and drained
Milk to thin it out
Dash of hot sauce (optional)

Mix all ingredients together. Cook over low heat until all ingredients are incorporated and cheese is melted. Transfer to a crockpot and keep on low so dip stays warm. It is best served with yellow corn tortilla chips or corn chips.

No comments: