Monday, August 2, 2010

Recipe of the Week

I haven't been the best at blogging lately, so I think I am going to try something new. From now on, I will be posting a recipe of the week. This guarantees that I will have to blog at least once a week! :) I may blog throughout the week, but this is personal motivation for myself.

Some of the recipes may be my own, and some may be from my friends and family. I will make sure to give recognition where it is due if the recipe is from someone else. :)

The recipe of the week for this week is:

Indoor S'Mores


1 box Golden Graham cereal
2 bags mini-marshmallows (reserve 1 cup)
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick butter

In a large bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter until smooth (in the microwave). In a separate large bowl, combine graham cereal, chocolate chips, and one cup of marshmallows. Toss together. Once marshmallows are melted, pour mixture over cereal mixture and toss well until all pieces are coated. Spread onto cookie sheet and press down to form bars. Can eat immediately or put in fridge for a few minutes for bars to harden. This is kind of what they should look like (this particular batch was not mixed very well -- it should be the consistency of rice krispy treats):


Enjoy! This is a perfect recipe to make with kids since you only use a microwave. I actually found this recipe in my Amish cookbook.

No comments: