Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sundays, PS and DQ

Don't you just LOVE Sundays??! I know I do! What better way to spend your day than worshiping the Lord and spending time with your family! After church today, my two favorite boys and I headed to Penn Station for lunch. LOVE this place! If you have never heard of or been to a Penn Station, here is a little taste of what you are missing:
Hot grilled sandwiches....fresh-cut french fries....fresh-squeezed lemonade....fresh-baked chocolate chunk cookies...do you see a recurring theme here? FRESH!! This is not your average sub sandwich place. All I have to say is the bread....ohhhh, the bread!! The authentic hearth-baked bread is SO fresh and soft and chewy. It is definitely what makes the sandwich!

Another thing I love about PS is that the grill cooks prepare your sandwich right in front of you -- on the huge grill behind the counter using fresh meats, veggies, and cheeses. My two favorite subs are the Chicken Cordon Bleu and the Philly Cheesesteak (what they are known for). I have tried almost all of them, and LOVE the ones I have tried, but these rank at the top of my list. :) Thank you, Jeff Osterfeld, for your vision and for developing Penn Station!!


--------------------------------

The DQ part of this post is just to let you know that I also enjoyed a Strawberry Cheesequake blizzard from Dairy Queen after our amazing "family" lunch. YUM! The only negative thing I can say is that there was only a hint of strawberry (usually they are full of the strawberry topping -- this blizzard wasn't even pink!)...though I can follow that up with a positive -- there was cheesecake throughout the entire blizzard, even to the bottom. :)


---------------------------------

One last thing. This will be my last post for a few weeks. I am having baby boy #2 this Thursday (c-section)!! WooHoo!! I appreciate your prayers for us as our lives are about to change over the next few weeks. We are so blessed and excited! I will miss my bloggy friends, though. Hopefully I will be back up and posting soon. See you in a few weeks!

3 comments:

Art instruction DVDs said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Kimberly Kitchens said...

I just LOVE Penn Station too!!! It is sooo good! Congrats on your little boy arriving this Thursday. I am so excited for you guys. I will be praying for you and your little one to have a safe delivery and for you to have an uneventful recovery! I can't wait to see some baby pictures!!!

A piccoli passi said...

complimenti , da un pò leggo il tuo blog e mi piace davvero !! Buon pomeriggio ;) Nicoletta