Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The easiest pie you'll ever make!

So, this was my first attempt at a Peanut Butter Pie. My mother-in-law told me what ingredients to get on Friday at the grocery but I was supposed to call her back to get the recipe on Sunday (the day before I was to make the pie). Unfortunately, it got too late on Sunday before I realized I needed the recipe and did not want to call at such a late hour.

Solution: I grabbed my cookbook from our former church (First Baptist Church of Pikeville, KY) in hopes that a similar recipe was hiding within the depths of the book.

Problem solved!!

Here is the recipe for the easiest, most scrumptious, richest peanut butter pie you'll ever make (in my opinion!):

Peanut Butter Pie

1 eight-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (or more, if you choose)
2 cups whipped topping
1 graham cracker crust

Mix all ingredients together except for crust. Pour into graham cracker crust, spreading evenly. Top with remaining whipped topping (if you use a tub of
Cool Whip, you will have about a cup left), also spreading evenly. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts or walnuts. Let set in fridge about an hour before serving. Makes about 10 servings (you want to cut it in small pieces because it is so rich!). Enjoy!!

**Hint: You can also substitute low-fat ingredients to make it semi-healthier. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Brandi, it was wonderful. I will have to try to make it for my husband, who is a peanut butter lover:)

Leah's Kitchen said...

Oh, yum - this sounds delicious! I haven't had a peanut butter pie in ages, and it's been even longer since I've made one! Thanks for this recipe.