Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Easy" Recipes...Low Maintenance, Budget-Friendly

Have you noticed that a lot of my recipes have the word "easy" in them? The reason is that I do not have time to make these fancy-shmancy recipes like they show on the Food Network. I mean, Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals is supposed to be about easy meals that take 30 minutes or less to prepare. But most of these meals are very high maintenance and would cost a fortune! For example, one of her meals was this:

*Broccoli Rabe With Lemon And Garlic
*Gemelli With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
*Broiled Lamb Chops With Balsamic Reduction
*Creme De Menthe Parfaits

Now, I don't know about you, but this does not sound like my idea of a 30 minute meal (and not my kind of taste either). When I think of 30 minute meals, I think of spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, and a salad...and maybe brownies for dessert (or some other easy meal of that nature). Oh well, just call me old-fashioned. :)

Well, here is another easy recipe for you. This time it is for breakfast. Hope you enjoy!! (This one is so easy, you don't even need an oven!!) :)

Caramel Nut Sticky Buns

3 T. butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 T. water
1 tsp. cinnamon
⅓ cup chopped pecans
1 10 oz. can refrigerated biscuits


In an 8-inch round dish combine butter, sugar, water and cinnamon. Microwave on HIGH for one minute. Stir in pecans. Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Place biscuits in sugar mixture, stirring to coat each piece. Push biscuits toward outer edges of dish and place a small glass or custard cup in center of dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2½ to 3 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Invert on plate or serving dish. Pull apart and serve warm.
Yields: 3-5 servings


2 comments:

In Definition said...

are you kidding me??? you can microwave that?!?! sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the recipes that you sent me, and it is on my list of things to make SOON!! YUM!! And I agree with you. I love my RR magazines, but if I make anything out of it, it is usually my own, easier, less expensive spin on it!!