Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby!

As I am sitting here writing this blog it is raining "ice" outside my door. There are icicles covering my back deck, and the trees in the distance have a sheer white coating of ice on the branches. It is absolutely beautiful! Although, it is also very dangerous for those who have to be traveling in this weather. I have been praying for them throughout the day (I was very fortunate to have the day off from work due to the icy weather, and will probably have tomorrow off as well).

With the ice outside, and the warmth of a heater and space heater inside, it is very cozy in my home. What is one to do with a "day off" when she cannot go outside or to work? Laundry. Dishes. Blog. I am very grateful to be able to clean my house and do laundry, although that is not the way I would love to spend my day off. I have cooked some today, though. I made pancakes for my hubby this morning and fixed him lunch, and am about to cook supper here shortly (chicken parmesan). I would have loved to bake, but alas I do not have a pantry stocked full of "baking stuff". Besides, I just made these a couple of days ago. And....I did not stop at the grocery store last night to pick up a loaf of bread like I should have (hubby has to have a grilled cheese every night). Oh well.

I could have made a big pot of soup today, or chili (I am saving that for the Super Bowl), but chicken parmesan it is. Maybe tomorrow I will be more productive. Hey, I do have an excuse with the whole "pregnancy" thing, right? :) Speaking of, I only have a few months to go! Woo-hoo! I have gained a total of ..... you didn't actually think I would tell you that, did you? Haha, let's just say I've gained quite a bit of weight. I just chalk it up to "eating for two". Even though baby boy probably needs carrots and broccoli in his diet more than he needs ice cream and cheese puffs. :)

So, I know this hasn't been much of a "food post" so far, and I promise I will make up for that. Here is the recipe for the chicken parmesan I am making tonight. WARNING: IT IS SUPER EASY!!! (I told you I was lazy today!)

Chicken Parmesan (for 2)

2 frozen chicken patties
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Spaghetti
Spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken patties on cookie sheet or casserole dish and bake for 10-15 minutes (or whatever it says on the package). Meanwhile boil your spaghetti noodles on the stove and simmer your spaghetti sauce. Once patties are done (flip them once halfway during cooking time) take them out of the oven and top them with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup for each patty). Place back in oven until cheese is melted. Serve alongside a serving of spaghetti w/sauce. Enjoy!

See? Wasn't that easy? I just love easy stuff. Now while you wait for your patties to bake, enjoy some of the beautiful "ice sculptures" from our back (and front) yard:



The Back Yard

The Front Yard



The reflection (see it?) on the deck and the little pine tree

1 comment:

Matt and Jess said...

hey Brandi! Hope all is going well! I was just thinking about you so I thought I would stop by your blog and leave you a comment! I can't wait for our fellowship group to get together soon, I've missed everyone! Take care!