Monday, June 8, 2009

The Crockpot (aka Slow Cooker)


I LOVE my Crockpot! If you do not own a Crockpot, you do not know what you are missing! There is absolutely nothing easier than fixing a meal in the slow cooker and having it ready by the time you get home from work...except running through the drive-thru at McDonald's or KFC or some other fast food joint, that is. But why would you want to take home a greasy bag of fries and a smashed burger when you can have: Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots, Santa Fe Soup (sort of like taco soup), Barbecued Ribs, and even dessert (such as hot fudge cake)?

Over the next few weeks, I am going to be posting some slow cooker recipes for you to enjoy...and I am dedicating them to my sweet friend Ann Claire who is about to become a new bride! Ann Claire is going to be cooking a lot for her new husband and wants something that is easy and that she can put in the slow cooker (since she and hubs will both be students and will be very busy!). Soooo..let's get "slow cooking"!!

One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot is barbecued ribs (and one of the easiest!). Here is what you need:

Barbecued Ribs
1 package boneless ribs (pork or beef)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 cup Coke or Pepsi

Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour entire bottle of BBQ sauce over top of ribs, followed by cola (or, you can mix the BBQ sauce and cola together and pour the mixture over). Cook on Low for 5-6 hours, or until they are tender and cooked through.

These ribs are so yummy! You can pair them with mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese for a very satisfying meal. :)

More slow-cooker dishes to come! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

kd said...

Those sound really yummy and incredibly easy!
I want to get married someday so I can have recipes dedicated to me! :)

Ann Claire Vaughn said...

AW! Brandi! This is great! :) I feel so special...thank you! Your recipes look yummy and I know Josh will appreciate you helping me out! Friends like you are so gracious...reminding me of how rich in love and mercy our God is to us. I'll be checking back soon!

Ann Claire Vaughn said...

AW! Brandi! This is great! I feel so special...thank you! :) I know Josh will appreciate you helping me out. :) There are lots of great recipes on here, and I'll be checking back in. Friends like you are so gracious...reminding me of how rich in love and mercy our God is to us.