Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm baaaaack!! Haven't you missed me? :)

Okay, things have been a complete whirlwind around here lately. I haven't blogged in over a month!! I just have not had the time with everything going on: A) We are trying to sell our house and move closer to the church, B) I have had more stomach issues and have to have another colonoscopy (oh what fun!!), C) I still haven't recovered from my c-section (yep, it has been 5 months!!), and the everyday thrill of taking care of a new baby is a whirlwind in itself. Whew! I could list other things but I will spare you from reading them.

So, since my last blog post Isaiah has grown so much! He will be 5 months old on September 3. At his 4 month checkup, he weighed 16 lbs and was 25 inches long! He is going to be a linebacker for sure. :) He has also started eating rice cereal, baby food, and is taking 8 oz. of formula at each feeding. This boy sure likes to eat! Here are some pictures of his first "feedings":



First Rice Cereal (mixed with formula - Yummy!)


First taste of green beans (he actually gagged several times!)

So far he has had carrots, sweet potatoes, and sweet peas. The next veggie is squash and then it is on to fruits. Next thing you know it will be a steak and baked potato!! I am really looking forward to when he begins table food. It will be so much fun to see what his "premature palate" will have to say about the variety of foods this world has to offer. :)

No comments: