Thursday, June 3, 2010

The good ole' days...

Remember when you were younger and the thing that you looked forward to most in the summer was the ice cream truck? Well, I never had that luxury. I lived on a hill. On a farm. No trick-or-treaters, no ice cream trucks, no kids to play with. :( Sad, I know.

Now that I live in a suburb of Louisville, in a neighborhood packed with kids, we see the ice cream truck every day. As soon as the weather starts to turn slightly warm, here come those tunes of "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "The Wheels on the Bus" billowing down the street. And sometimes, we have several ice cream trucks that zoom down our little street (one of them rings a bell though, the music box is broken).

Lately, my little man and I have been sitting outside on the front porch in the afternoons when it is cool. We always look for the ice cream truck to drive by our house and little man always waves to the driver. Well, the other day it was a little hotter than normal so I decided to get the little guy an ice cream. I chose the push-up (sherbet) which is what I always used to get. He LOVED it! He also loved going up the the truck and seeing all of the pretty colors/flavors of ice cream listed on the side. Here are some pictures of him devouring his cool treat:









As you can see from this last photo, he REALLY enjoyed it! :) The only negative thing about the whole experience was the fact that prices have went up on these yummy treats.....$1.50 for a push-up? Come on!!!

No comments: