Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mrs. Mary's Chicken Salad

This is the best chicken salad you will ever eat. Period. This recipe comes from Mrs. Mary Garrett, a dear lady who passed away a few years ago. She was the mother of "Little Mary", a friend and co-worker of my Mom. Mrs. Mary made this chicken salad for my wedding (my one request!) and it is SO good! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have/do.

Mrs. Mary's Chicken Salad

6 skinless chicken breasts
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small red apple, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
10-12 grapes, chopped or halved
2 T. sweet pickle relish
3 T. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon sugar

Boil chicken breasts for 45-60 minutes, or until done. In a large bowl, add chicken (cut into 1/2 inch pieces), eggs, celery, onion, apple, pecans, grapes, pickle relish, and mayonnaise. Toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with sugar and toss again. Enjoy!!

This is not only a great, flavorful salad but it is also very colorful! Especially if you use the red grapes and red apples. It is also a great salad to serve at showers, get-togethers, or Teas (I will be posting about a special Tea I attended this past weekend in the next few days). YUMMY!!

No comments: