Friday, February 4, 2011

McAlister's Deli = YUM!

One of my favorite deli places to eat here in the 'ville is McAlister's. This restaurant not only has sandwiches, soups, and other "deli" favorites, they also have salads, Spuds, nachos, chili, pot roast, desserts, and their McAlister's Famous Sweet Tea!

Tonight, my hubby and I and our little man ventured to McAlister's Deli for dinner. My "little guy" slept the entire time (he hasn't been feeling well), which meant Mommy got to enjoy a "hot meal" with Daddy for once! Oh the little things in life. :)

This particular McAlister's is fairly new and one we have not been to before. The food was hot and a little better than the food at the McAlister's we usually frequent, yet the people were not as nice/friendly as those at the other establishment. The workers at the other establishment go above and beyond what they are supposed to - stopping by to refill your drinks, checking on you every so often, greeting you with a smile and chit-chat. Oh well, we still had a good experience overall. :)

Hubby had the McAlister's Club -- smoked turkey, hickory ham, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, swiss, lettuce and tomatoes with signature McAlister's Honey Mustard and lite mayo on toasted, sliced white bread -- with Baked Lays and a Diet Dr. Pepper.

I had the Choose Any Two combo -- 1/2 sandwich and a bowl of soup. I had the Broccoli Cheddar soup and 1/2 of a Horseradish Roast Beef and Cheddar panini with a big ole glass of sweet tea. And then......I had a piece of their "oh my gosh this is to die for" cheesecake. It.Was.Devine. That was truly one of the best pieces of cheesecake I have ever eaten! (And no, I'm not just saying that because I am pregnant and was craving cheesecake!).

Needless to say, we had a great time tonight. I just love getting to have a nice dinner with my family (even if a certain toddler does sleep through the entire meal!).

No comments: