Saturday, March 14, 2009

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA from blogworld recently. I have had some health problems and other things going on, to say the least. Here is a short update (non-food related, unfortunately) of what has been going on.

Last Wednesday I had an OB appointment to check on Baby Isaiah. He is doing great! Unfortunately, Momma hasn't been doing so well. My BP was elevated, there was evidence of protein, and my legs/feet were swelled double in size. These are all signs of preeclampsia. The doctor sent me straight to the hospital for overnight observation (I did get to go home and pack a bag first, thankfully).

While in the hospital, I was on "bed rest" the entire rest of the day, and pretty much for 24 hours. I had to lay on my side and could only get up to go to the restroom (I also had to give a 24 hour "sample" if you know what I mean). I did not enjoy this very much. Although I did have plenty of visitors to keep me entertained - praise God for that!! :)

When they dismissed me, I had orders to come straight home and do pretty much nothing but sit in a recliner all day with my feet elevated. No work, no house work, nothing. Let me tell you how boring that can get!! I always thought I would enjoy "sitting back, relaxing in the recliner, watching TV, taking it easy"....but not when you have to do it as an order, and not for an entire week and a half! Needless to say, I had cabin fever pretty bad.

I actually had another doctor's appointment this past Monday and discovered that I have bronchitis on top of everything else. Argh!!! She did give me a Z-pack to take, though, so I am finally "on the mend".

So there you have it - these are the reasons why I have been MIA in the blogging world for the past few days. I haven't been out of this house to eat anywhere, thus no critiques. I haven't been cooking or baking, thus no recipes. But I will tell you that since I have been "down and out", our sweet members of Morningside have been providing meals left and right! Here is what we have had for dinner so far (I knew I could incorporate food into this blogpost somehow!):

Fried chicken, Chili, Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, mixed veggies, applesauce, stuff to make deli sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, chocolate cake (that was to die for!), awesome baked ziti, italian bread, and banana pudding plus all of the leftovers.

We are soooo blessed!! They had a schedule set up for meals the day I got out of the hospital. :) We couldn't ask for a better church family. :) Also, a couple of our closest friends brought over spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, and dessert and ate with us the day after I got out (they called to let us know they were bringing it while I was still in the hospital!).

So, needless to say, we are blessed "beyond belief". Is it possible to be so blessed that you are overwhelmed?? :)


I'll be back to blogging about food soon, now that I am "off of work" due to doctor's orders. Be on the lookout!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi: Just wanted to let you know we throughly enjoyed Sunday with you and Jason. The restaurant was wonderful and the fellowship was even better. Take care of that grandson of ours. Love you both. MOM

Leah said...

I was so sorry to read that you've been under the weather! Hopefully you'll be feeling back to normal soon, and that your pregnancy issues will be resolved. Sounds like your church family is taking very good care of you! Just remember - even though it's more fun to be on the giving end, somebody has to provide the need! This time it's you. =)