Monday, July 28, 2008

For the Sweet Tooth...

I am continuing with recipes from my wonderful friends. Today's recipe is a yummy candy/dessert that is so easy and semi-good for you! :) Enjoy!

Recipe for Today: Date Balls
Shout-out: My friend and fellow church member, Jenny Bennett

Date Balls

1 stick of salted butter
1 package of chopped dates
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups of crispy rice cereal
3/4 cup chopped pecans
Powdered sugar

Combine butter, dates, and sugar into saucepan and wait until melted...keep on medium/high for around 2 minutes (be very careful how long you cook so it doesn't start to harden). Stir in crispy rice cereal and pecans and let cool. Roll into balls and dip in powdered sugar. (Be careful - the mixture will be hot!) Allow to cool before eating. Makes about 15-30 balls, depending on how big you make them.

**Jenny made these for my "Baking Party" last year at Christmas. They were delicious! I ended up making them for my family as gifts.

1 comment:

Beth said...

These sound yummy... but probably not good for you. :)